People rarely give much thought to what it means to be homeless. The Think Tank tries to approach homelessness from as many different angles as possible. The aim is to develop new ways of thinking about and discussing poverty so that people active in the field, wherever they are from, can improve their way of doing things.
Each Think Tank has a theme. The isssue is discussed by all kinds of people: experts, researchers, homeless people, specialists or anyone who has some relevant experience.
Previous Think Tanks
- Think Tank #26 (5 December 2018)
What is a crisis?
- Think Tank #25 (3 May 2018)
Poverty, Experience and/or knowledge? Knowledge and/or power?
- Think Tank #24 (14 December 2017)
“And what about our homeless people?”: is poverty a competition?
- Think Tank #23 (18 July 2017)
Brussels: a poor peoples’s necropolis?
- Think Tank #22 (28 June 2017)
What opportunities does the Samusocial crisis open up for us?
- Think Tank #21 (8 February 2017)
Roma: a model for the homeless?
- Think Tank #20 (23 June 2016)
Cleaner, but less sexy?
- Think Tank #19 (28 April 2016)
Do poor people enjoy watching arthouse movies?
- Think Tank #18 (12 January)
For the setting-up of a Committee for the Cancellation of the Debt of the Destitute? How extremely poor people amass huge debts.
- Think Tank #17 (24 September 2015)
Keeping the right distance and/or getting close enough to the homeless person?
- Think Tank #16 (26 March 2015)
Living in a town, living in the street? What it means to be homeless.
- Think Tank #15 (10 December 2014)
Activation versus emancipation: are the social services (CPAS/OCMW) and DoucheFLUX fighting the same battle?
- Think Tank #14 (25 November 2014)
Poverty: shameful or political?
- Think Tank #13 (2 October 2014)
The argument against respect for poor people.
- Think Tank #12 (27 August 2014)
How does exclusion work?
- Think Tank #11 (11 June 2014)
Does DoucheFLUX mythologise the poor person?
- Think Tank #10 (14 May 2014)
Support versus independence.
- Think Tank #09 (19 March 2014)
The art of street work.
- Think Tank #08 (22 January 2014)
Is a homeless volunteer like any other volunteer?
- Think Tank #07 (18 December 2013)
Can homeless people be rock ’n’ roll ?
- Think Tank #06 (18 November 2013)
The active role poor people have to play to escape from benefits.
- Think Tank #05 (4 June 2013)
Money, virtual or real?
- Think Tank #04 (3 September 2013)
Are the poor a social class?
- Think Tank #03 (2 July 2013)
The excluded according to Jacques Rancière.
- Think Tank #02 (4 June 2013)
About the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Think Tank #01 (7 May 2013)