DoucheFLUX always need volunteers for various activities (services, activities, events, etc.), both for established activities and for those that are just getting started.
But here are some specific needs:
To ensure the smooth running of the day centre services, DoucheFLUX needs 9 volunteers each day.
- Tuesday to Friday from 8.15 to 12.15
- Saturday from 10.15 to 16.00
- Volunteers do not work every day, but according to their availability. A roster is drawn up on the basis of each volunteer’s availability.
To ensure that our volunteers are well prepared, they must first follow a free one-day training course – Tous VIP – Volontairement Impliqués en Pauvreté ! (Everyone is a VIP – Voluntarily Involved in Poverty!) – run by the Belgian Red Cross.
Following the success of the hairdressing, manicure, pedicure, skincare and massage services, DoucheFLUX is looking for hairdressers, beauticians and masseurs/masseuses available on Wednesday afternoons, so that we can offer this on a weekly basis.
In our communications team, we are looking for a meticulous, bilingual French-Dutch speaker (knowledge of English is definitely a plus), who is comfortable writing and who has at least basic experience with WordPress.
Douche solidaire douche
We are looking for a volunteer who can assist in the follow-up and development of the douche solidaire douche.
- strong communication skills
- bilingual French-Dutch
- likes to get around Brussels by bike
- available on weekdays a few times a month
Become one of our activities volunteers! DoucheFLUX offers many weekly activities, courses and work shops that would benefit greatly from your energy and enthusiasm!
Concretely, you can:
- support an activity that is already running (e.g. magazine, radio, sport, yoga …)
- support an activity that is just getting started (e.g. choir, mobile library, French classes …)
- propose a new activity, whether a long-term activity or a “one-off”!
Worth knowing: you are not alone! Serena, the coordinator of activities and training, is here to support you and accompany you! Don’t hesitate to contact her by email to share your ideas.
The DoucheFLUX MasterClass is part of DoucheFLUX’s actions in terms of “Awareness”. These meetings between homeless people / those living in precarious situations, and school groups and the general public, offer a safe space to discuss and deconstruct the many prejudices concerning extreme poverty.
We are looking for a coordinator who can start in September 2019.
- sensitive to the theme of extreme poverty
- ideally bilingual French-Dutch
- available on weekdays (2 or 3 times per month maximum – during the school year)
- comfortable working with groups
- good sense of organisation
If this is you, get in touch with Serena!
On Wednesday afternoon, from 13.00 to 18.00, DoucheFLUX is only accessible for women: 100% women. We are urgently looking for a new coordinator (female, volunteer) to support de team of volunteers. Find more information about the job in French or Dutch.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for any questions you might have, for more information, or to apply!